How to brew a perfect cup of tea ?
After you have selected the teas, the most common question is How to brew a perfect cup of tea?
Different leaves require different treatment. Some need boiling water, some slightly cooler water, and all need to be infused for a different length of time. However, if we are talking about a traditional black tea, the process goes something like this:
- Warm the teapot by rinsing it out with hot water.
- Fill the kettle with fresh water from the tap. Water that has been boiled already will affect the taste of the tea.
- Put into the teapot one rounded teaspoon (or caddy spoon) of tealeaves for each person and one extra spoonful 'for the pot'.
- Turn off the kettle (or remove it from the stove) just before the water boils and pour into the pot. It doesn’t need to be stirred.
- Leave to infuse for three to five minutes, depending on taste. Serve, using a tea strainer.
If you are making tea in a cup with a tea infuser, the same rule applies – one spoon of tea, use water just off the boil and infuse for 3-5 minutes.